[BEER] Red Smokey Lager




BREWER: Barett
STYLE: Smoked Lager (Rauchbier)
ABV: 4.8%
IBU: 18
PERCEIVED BITTERNESS: Moderate
EBC: n/a
RATING: 4 out of 5

When a beer says it is smokey I am often skeptical. Yet this beer by Barett does deliver. The smokey notes are right upfront and it glides away on your palette. The aroma would not lead you to think that about this beer, but you would be so wrong. It has a moderate bitterness that I believe is needed. Perhaps if it was too pronounced the smokiness would be lost and if it was low then then it would become overpowering. It is a balanced beer that is good companion to BBQ which is perfect that it is available at The Fat Pig as the Smoked Beer. It is also found at The Republic as the Red smokey lager. At first it seemed more like am Amber ale to me, but as I was corrected its a style of German lager from Bamberg. Not something I tried very much of but I am always glad to find new types of beer. And definitely a style of beer I will be on the look out for in the future back in the west.

You can find this beer at:
             The Fat Pig- 74 Quảng An, Tây Hồ, Hà Nội
             The Republic- 7B Quảng An, Tây Hồ, Hà Nội
             Hang Vui Craft Beer Restaurant- Nơ 2 Bán đảo Linh Đàm, Hoàng Liệt, Hoàng Mai, Hà Nội

Comments